| RAW MATERIAL SOURCE
Farm-raised, grain-fed catfish (Ictalurus punctatus). Raw material
shall be free of all off odors/flavors, and possess characteristic color and
texture for the species. All pre-harvest drugs utilized during grow out of
the product shall be FDA approved, low regulatory priority aquaculture products,
and used in accordance with proper withdrawal times and other label conditions. Product
shall not possess residual drug/chemical levels above acceptable FDA levels.
Product shall be free of parasites.
Farm-raised catfish, water, sodium tripolyphosphate
This product shall be a variable portion weight product.
The net deglazed weight shall be determined by 50CFR 265.107(c), and in all
instances, meet or exceed the stated case weight.
Product is checked for defects as stated in 50 CFR 267.101-107.
1. Total Aerobic Plate Count < 200,000/g
2. Total Coliforms < 500/g MPN
3. E. coli < 10/g MPN
4. Staphylococcus aureus (coag +) < 9.1/g MPN
5. Salmonella Negative in all samples
PACKAGING AND LABELING REQUIREMENTS
1. Product shall be packed in a poly lined Master case. Poly liner shall be
at least 1.25 mil thick.
2. Master case shall be a preprinted, brown, staple-free container with a minimum
bursting strength of 250#.
3. Case labels and printing shall conform to standards set forth by SouthFresh
4. Production date coding system shall consist of a six-digit code. The first
and fourth digits shall identify the month, and the second and third digits
shall represent the day. The fifth code represents the last digit of the year.
And, the sixth digit represents the period in which the product was packed.áThe
following are examples:
010132 - January 10, 2003; 2nd period
018633 - June 18, 2003; 3rd period
123134 - November 23, 2003; 4th period
5. Production code date, and product identification label, shall appear on
all Master cases.
6. Product shall be maintained at or below 10░F during the distribution process.
7. Product shall pass through properly functioning metal detection equipment
(0░F or less) 180 days