Lemon Pepper, IQF
RAW MATERIAL SOURCE|
Farm-raised, grain-fed catfish (Ictalurus punctatus). Raw material
shall possess characteristic flavor, odor, color, and texture for the species. All
pre-harvest drugs utilized during grow out of the product shall be FDA approved,
low regulatory priority aquaculture products, and used in accordance with proper
withdrawal times and other label conditions. Product shall not possess residual
drug/chemical levels above acceptable FDA levels. Product shall be free of
Farm-raised catfish, water, salt, sugar, modified food starch, sodium phosphate
(9.00%), spice, maltodextrin, lemon juice powder (maltodextrin, citric acid,
lemon oil and dextrose). Lemon peels, natural butter flavor, natural lemon
flavor (citric acid, dextrose, sodium citrate, lemon juice powder, modified
food starch and lemon oil), xanthan gum, citric acid, oleoresin tumeric and
less than 2% tricalcium phosphate added to prevent caking.
1. Headless, skinless, and eviscerated catfish shall be processed to remove
all fins, fin support bones, viscera, blood spots, and bruises.
2. Fillets shall have the nugget portion totally removed. No belly flap, or
black membrane, shall remain.
3. Each fillet shall be subjected to an IQF freeze, and packed.
Stated portion range ± ½ oz. Example an acceptable portion control range for
Code #565 is 4.5 oz.-7.5 oz. A minimum of 90% by count of the fillets in each
case shall conform to the specified size range.
Product is checked for defects as stated in 50 CFR 267.101-107.
1. Total Aerobic Plate Count < 200,000/g
2. Total Coliforms < 500/g MPN
3. E. coli < 10/g MPN
4. Staphylococcus aureus (coag +) < 9.1/g MPN
5. Salmonella Negative in all samples
PACKAGING AND LABELING REQUIREMENTS
1. Product shall be packed in a poly lined Master case. Poly liner shall be
at least 1.25 mil thick.
2. Master case shall be a preprinted, brown, staple-free container with a
minimum bursting strength of 250#.
3. Case labels and printing shall conform to standards set forth by SouthFresh
4. Production date coding system shall consist of a six-digit code. The first
and fourth digits shall identify the month, and the second and third digits
shall represent the day. The fifth digit represents the last digit of the
year. The sixth digit represents the period number. The following are examples:
010132 - January 10, 2003; 2nd Period
018633 - June 18, 2003; 3rd Period
123134 - November 23, 2003; 4th Period
5. Production code date, and product identification label, shall appear on
all Master cases.
6. Product shall be maintained at or below 10°F during the distribution process.
7. Product shall pass through properly functioning metal detection equipment
(0°F or less) 180 days